[Mesa-users] Compiling Mesa 8.0.1 on Windows using SCons

Chunev, Georgi Ninkov gnchunev at imail.iu.edu
Tue Feb 28 14:41:51 PST 2012

Hi,

I am trying to compile Mesa 8.0.1 on Windows using SCons. I set up all of the required apps and libraries and ran 'scons' in the main folder. The build reached to the point where program_lexer.l needs to be processed and stopped with an error saying that bison-bridge is missing: "unrecognized %option: bison-bridge". I got my Flex and Bison from here:

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/flex.htm

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/bison.htm

versions 2.5.4a and 2.4.1, respectively. I had to take care of having all of the dependencies, and these are provided at the above links. From what I gather from various forums, the script is simply not going to work on Windows as long as it depends on bison-bridge. It might be best if you upload the output from flex, so I don't have to generate it locally. Would that be OK?

Georgi