[Mesa-users] Assistance please: segfault at r300_state.c:1066

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 14:02:56 PDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 9:38 PM, Tormod Volden wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 9:14 PM, Ronald F. Guilmette
> <rfg at tristatelogic.com> wrote:

>>>On Fedora it's in glx-utils-7.9-1.fc14.x86_64.rpm.  Not sure about
>>>other distros.
>>

>> Thanks, but I am on FreeBSD, and there is _nothing_ that begins with the
>> letters "glx" in the entire ports tree.
>
> Hi Ronald,
>
> Maybe it is called mesa-utils or mesa-demos on FreeBSD.
>

>> Anyway, I am still seeking a solution and have filed a bugreport.  Who
>> maintains that r300 stuff?  Anybody?  Or is that considered too old now
>> (and has it been abandoned)?
>
> Since you are using a relatively old version of mesa, you should file
> a bug in FreeBSD first. It might be already fixed in later upstream
> mesa versions. http://www.freebsd.org/support/bugreports.html
>
> Regards,
> Tormod

Also, if you just want to continue using gthumb until this issue has
been resolved, you can try:
 LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 gthumb
(see http://www.mesa3d.org/envvars.html) to avoid using the DRI
driver. It will run slower, but I do not know to which degree gthumb
will make use of hardware acceleration anyway.

Tormod