[ANN] ModemManager 1.2-rc1

Thomas Schäfer tschaefer at t-online.de
Sun Dec 15 14:25:22 PST 2013

Thanks for looking the logfile.

Now, I am more confused than before. Because I have an other ZTE-device
(Vodafone K5006Z(also with LTE like the device from O2)
This is still using successfully qmi-wwan.

I am not sure about stability. I own to less devices to make general
statements.

I was hoping to get a hint to force to one or the other mode. ( ENV in udev,
or an optional parameter in mmcli, or something similar)

Patching the code maybe usable for testers, but not for normal users or while
searching of work arounds in productive systems, if one mode fails.

Of course. It is ok to prefer known working solutions automatically, but I
miss the option for a manual decision. (for all modems with more than one
mode)

If I remember correctly the MF821D (ZTE O2) uses the "network card" under
windows. I will recheck this within the next days.

Thomas