Problem with mm-1.0.0 and Dell 5560

Marek Kaluba abulak at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 11:05:24 PST 2013

Hello everyone,

I'm using gentoo linux;

I have the following problem while connecting with my dell 5560 modem
(this is a rebranded ericsson)

I configured the connection in NetworkManager and I'm trying to connect
via gui.
At the end of the process I get (see attached dmesg log for the whole thing):
ModemManager: <debug> [1387305386.188499] [mm-bearer.c:461]
connect_ready(): Couldn't connect bearer
'/org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/Bearer/0': 'No valid data port found
to launch connection'

At the same time mmcli detects modem
mmcli -L
Found 1 modems:
        /org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/Modem/0 [Dell] DW5560

mmcli -m 0

/org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/Modem/0 (device id
'f1f831063dbe34d741e5ea2723b18b70786ebd95')
  -------------------------
  Hardware |   manufacturer: 'Dell'
           |          model: 'DW5560'
           |       revision: 'R3C11'
           |      supported: 'gsm-umts'
           |        current: 'gsm-umts'
           |   equipment id: '358994041358732'
  -------------------------
  System   |         device:
'/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.0/usb2/2-1/2-1.6'
           |        drivers: 'cdc_acm, cdc_mbim, cdc_wdm'
           |         plugin: 'Ericsson MBM'
           |   primary port: 'ttyACM1'
           |          ports: 'ttyACM1 (at), ttyACM2 (at)'
  -------------------------
  Numbers  |           own : 'unknown'
  -------------------------
  Status   |           lock: 'none'
           | unlock retries: 'sim-pin (3), sim-pin2 (3), sim-puk (10), sim-
puk2 (10)'
           |          state: 'registered'
           |    power state: 'on'
           |    access tech: 'umts'
           | signal quality: '100' (recent)
  -------------------------
  Modes    |      supported: 'allowed: any; preferred: none'
           |        current: 'allowed: any; preferred: none'
  -------------------------
  Bands    |      supported: 'unknown'
           |        current: 'unknown'
  -------------------------
  IP       |      supported: 'ipv4, ipv6'
  -------------------------
  3GPP     |           imei: '358994041358732'
           |  enabled locks: 'none'
           |    operator id: '26001'
           |  operator name: 'Aero2'
           |   registration: 'home'
  -------------------------
  SIM      |           path: '/org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/SIM/0'

Moreover,

 mmcli -b /org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/Bearer/0
Bearer '/org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/Bearer/0'
  -------------------------
  Status             |   connected: 'no'
                     |   suspended: 'no'
                     |   interface: 'unknown'
                     |  IP timeout: '20'
  -------------------------
  Properties         |         apn: 'darmowy'
                     |     roaming: 'forbidden'
                     |     IP type: 'none'
                     |        user: 'none'
                     |    password: 'none'
                     |      number: '*99#'
                     | Rm protocol: 'unknown'
  IPv4 configuration |   method: 'unknown'
  IPv6 configuration |   method: 'unknown'

Can anyone help me with this?

Cheers,
Marek