Huawei E3131 and the ignored at^ndisdup command

Enrico Mioso mrkiko.rs at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 04:46:54 PDT 2013

Hi !! Sorry for my late answer - a little bit busy here :) !

So - to be sure to understand what you're asking me, I try to explain myself
better.
When I send dhcp requests on the wwan0 interface, I have absolutely no answer,
so guessing this isn't a Hi-Link modem. Even tried with the mac-setting trick I
applied with my E173, with no success, due to the ncm driver refusing to set a
mac address! :)

About the ^ndisdup command: I was reporting it that way only to be short in
form, but... yes, I tried it in both forms.
I also checked carefully the authdata structure to be configured properly, but
then discovered the modem completely ignores it! :)

I'm so grateful for your help. Here some snippets:

ati
Manufacturer: huawei
Model: E3131
Revision: 21.157.41.01.1037
IMEI: 862732016826443
+GCAP: +CGSM,+DS,+ES

OK
at^authdata?
^AUTHDATA: 1,1,"","",""

OK
at^ndisdup=1,1,we"web,coopvoce.it"
OK
at^ndisstatqry?
^NDISSTATQRY: 0,,,"IPV4"

OK
at^dialmode?
^DIALMODE:2,2

OK
at+cgdcont?
+CGDCONT: 1,"IP","web.coopvoce.it","",0,0

OK

In the meanwhile, I'm continuing to work on the cdc_ncm thing. I'm slo, I know
- it's my first time!