Huawei E392 firmware crash caused by MM issuing "AT*CNTI=2"

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Tue Nov 19 06:44:09 PST 2013

Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at lanedo.com> writes:

> Great timing! The 'aleksander/huawei-modes' branch upstream that I wrote
> during last weeks re-implements Huawei's load_supported_modes() by using
> only ^PREFMODE, ^SYSCFG and ^SYSCFGEX; i.e. it won't use parent's
> load_supported_modes (and therefore no *CNTI=2 or WS46=?).
>
> Can you guys test with that branch to see if your devices crash or not?

My E392 does not crash with this version.

Turns out that it wouldn't crash with the 'master' branch either, as
long as libqmi was properly installed.  Installing qmi-proxy made both
the E392 and the MC7710 work again, without crashing.

But the 'aleksander/huawei-modes' branch works even if qmi-proxy is
missing.

Sorry for the noise.

Bjørn