Huawei E5776

George Hills strowger at ls12.net
Tue Apr 15 05:52:17 PDT 2014

Hi Thomas,

Many thanks for getting backto me so quickly.

On 15/04/14 12:53, Thomas Schäfer wrote:
> I think, this is the way it should be done. The ModemManager should
> ignore this device completely and the NetworkManager should configure
> it like an LAN-device.

That makes good sense to me.

NetworkManager doesn't seem to want to manage this device.Do you think I
should ask the NetworkManager people?

I am running Debian's package of it: 0.9.8.8-5

> I can't remember trouble with usb_modeswitch. I will investigate the
> behavior again later.

Let me know if you want more information. I am happy to help/experiment.

> Only one hint: There was a bug in kernel 3.13 regarding this device,
> it is already fixed. 3.13 stable and 3.14 are fine again.

I'm running 3.14; 3.14-trunk-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.14-1~exp1 (2014-04-09)

Cheers