QMI IPv6 crashes

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Apr 16 09:54:24 PDT 2014

Hi,

So I implemented QMI IPv6 stuff in the dcbw/icera-ipv6 branch first as
DHCP-based, and second as static using GetCurrentSettings.  Those parts
work fine.  But like before, with my Sierra MC7750, immediately after
NetworkManager sets the IP addresses on the interface, it crashes.  I've
observed this with other QMI devices too, so the MC7750 is not unusual
here.  However, all these devices work fine on Verizon where IPv6 is
normally used under Windows.

The Sierra devices include some additional diagnostic commands, so I've
captured that and the culprit is:

Src: FatalError
Dat: 00000DFE
Str: ps_icmp6_nd.c
Fmt: Can't find the ND control block
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
Task: DS
Time: 0000CCE3

ps_icmp6_nd.c is part of the AMSS sources of the firmware running on the
modem.  I can provide more of the traceback if needed.

Ben, do you have an Qualcomm contacts that you could ping about this
issue?  Or does anyone have any further ideas to isolate what the host
is doing that the firmware doesn't like?

Could somebody else test the dcbw/icera-ipv6 branch with a QMI device
that supports IPv6 and see if they also have crashes?

Dan