QMI IPv6 crashes

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Tue Apr 22 13:22:22 PDT 2014

Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> writes:

> But I guess I shouldn't let the kernel manage these things, but instead
> test with NM?  It will deal with the RS and neighbour discovery on its
> own, is that right?

Struggling a bit with this.. How do I configure NM to start an IPv6 only
connection?  I don't see any gsm.ip-type or similar attribute here:

bjorn at nemi:~$ nmcli c show uuid 50160088-ca57-11e3-b04c-002186a3257d
connection.id:                          telenor.ipv6
connection.uuid:                        50160088-ca57-11e3-b04c-002186a3257d
connection.interface-name:              --
connection.type:                        gsm
connection.autoconnect:                 no
connection.timestamp:                   1367921043
connection.read-only:                   no
connection.permissions:
connection.zone:                        --
connection.master:                      --
connection.slave-type:                  --
connection.secondaries:
connection.gateway-ping-timeout:        0
ipv4.method:                            auto
ipv4.dns:
ipv4.dns-search:
ipv4.addresses:
ipv4.routes:
ipv4.ignore-auto-routes:                no
ipv4.ignore-auto-dns:                   no
ipv4.dhcp-client-id:                    --
ipv4.dhcp-send-hostname:                yes
ipv4.dhcp-hostname:                     --
ipv4.never-default:                     no
ipv4.may-fail:                          yes
ipv6.method:                            auto
ipv6.dns:
ipv6.dns-search:
ipv6.addresses:
ipv6.routes:
ipv6.ignore-auto-routes:                no
ipv6.ignore-auto-dns:                   no
ipv6.never-default:                     no
ipv6.may-fail:                          yes
ipv6.ip6-privacy:                       -1 (unknown)
ipv6.dhcp-hostname:                     --
gsm.number:                             --
gsm.username:                           --
gsm.password:                           --
gsm.password-flags:                     0 (none)
gsm.apn:                                telenor.ipv6
gsm.network-id:                         --
gsm.network-type:                       0
gsm.allowed-bands:                      1 (any)
gsm.pin:                                --
gsm.pin-flags:                          0 (none)
gsm.home-only:                          no

And as expected, this creates a MM bearer with "IP type: 'none'":

bjorn at nemi:~$ mmcli -b 4
Bearer '/org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/Bearer/4'
  -------------------------
  Status             |   connected: 'no'
                     |   suspended: 'no'
                     |   interface: 'unknown'
                     |  IP timeout: '20'
  -------------------------
  Properties         |         apn: 'telenor.ipv6'
                     |     roaming: 'allowed'
                     |     IP type: 'none'
                     |        user: 'none'
                     |    password: 'none'
                     |      number: 'none'
                     | Rm protocol: 'unknown'
  IPv4 configuration |   method: 'unknown'
  IPv6 configuration |   method: 'unknown'

Which doesn't work for me. I'm a bit GUI challenged, so I am editing
system connection files directly and using nmcli to manage the
connections.

Bjørn