QMI IPv6 crashes

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Tue Apr 22 14:00:21 PDT 2014

Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> writes:
> On Tue, 2014-04-22 at 22:22 +0200, Bjørn Mork wrote:
>> Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> writes:
>>
>> > But I guess I shouldn't let the kernel manage these things, but instead
>> > test with NM?  It will deal with the RS and neighbour discovery on its
>> > own, is that right?
>>
>> Struggling a bit with this.. How do I configure NM to start an IPv6 only
>> connection?  I don't see any gsm.ip-type or similar attribute here:
>
> [ipv4]
> method=disabled
>
> [ipv6]
> method=auto
>
> will do the trick,

That makes sense, and actually was one of the things I tried.

> assuming you're using the dcbw/wwan-ipv6 branch for
> NM?

Right.  Didn't think about looking at the NM branches.  Will rebuild
now.

Hmm, that failed in unexpected ways.  Is this me screwing up something:

make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/git/networkmanager/src'
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `platform/wifi/wifi-utils-nl80211.h', needed by `nm-enum-types.h.stamp'.  Stop.

>  After editing, make sure you "nmcli con reload" since NM by default
> doesn't watch config files edited directly.

Thanks for the tip.  Now I don't have to restart NM every time I modify
a connection :-)

> To test dual-stack, set the ipv4 method to 'auto' too.

I'm currently unable to test dual-stack. Don't have access to any APNs
allowing it.

Bjørn