E1750 Reloaded - QMI - STATIC - DHCP - IPv4

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 05:33:33 PDT 2014

On 13.08.2014 10:57, Graham Inggs wrote:
> On 12/08/2014 10:27, poma wrote:
>> Well let Graham join the discussion, also.
>
> Hi!

Hey, man! :)

>> BTW Graham, if you're alive and well and you are reading this thread, here you can find firmware for the E1820,
>> http://huaweifirmwares.com/downloads/e1820/
>> If this is indeed the device.
>> But bear in mind, you do FW switch at your own risk and expense.
> Do I need to downgrade?  I have 11.865.x on one of my E1820s.

Where did you get that FW version?

> What exactly do you want me to test?  You can reply directly to me if
> its not relevant to the list.
>
> I also have a K4605 (flashed with E372 firmware) and a E3276, as well as
> several older models.

Here we test MMBearerIpMethod for a QMI capable broadband modems,
http://www.freedesktop.org/software/ModemManager/api/latest/ModemManager-Flags-and-Enumerations.html#MMBearerIpMethod

Here MM_BEARER_IP_METHOD_STATIC does not work but MM_BEARER_IP_METHOD_DHCP does work.
You can join testing, and not just you. ;)
If so it is essential to to engage latest and greatest:
- http://cgit.freedesktop.org/ModemManager/ModemManager/snapshot/ModemManager-4669611.tar.xz
- http://www.freedesktop.org/software/libqmi/libqmi-1.10.2.tar.xz

poma