E1750 Reloaded - QMI - STATIC - DHCP - IPv4

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Aug 14 09:22:03 PDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-08-14 at 14:39 +0200, poma wrote:

> >> If you have a preliminary patch don't hesitate to send it for testing purposes. ;)
> >

> > Can you try the branch "aleksander/huawei-qmi-always-dhcp" in the
> > upstream MM git repo?
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/ModemManager/ModemManager/log/?h=aleksander/huawei-qmi-always-dhcp
> >

> Yea, it works! :)
> http://goo.gl/GQwZzX

I tested today with my E397 and E392 and an Olivetti 200 (not Huawei).
All three had no problem with static configuration and that
configuration looked similar to poma's results.  However, that doesn't
static works everywhere, and there are other reports of static not
working with Sierra Qualcomm-based 73xx devices too.

I have just ordered an E1750C but I'm not sure when that'll get here.

Dan