problems with huawei E3372 alias Telekom Speedstick V

Thomas Schäfer tschaefer at t-online.de
Sat Aug 30 11:34:34 PDT 2014

Am Freitag, 29. August 2014, 11:16:01 schrieben Sie:
> Not knowing much about the Windows USB stack I find these UsbSnoop
> traces a bit difficult to decipher.  I recommend using USBPcap on
> Windows - open source and much easier to analyze.

Sorry for using not the right tool. Here is the trace from USBPcap.

The AT-commands are nice decoded. But the network-part is only for
professionals  with built  automagic hex-translation in the eyes :-)

My intentioned traffic was "ping heise.de", the other things you see must be
from windows and vpn stuff, despite I did not start the vpn explicitly, the
background-service of cisco seems to check the network without being asked.

To remember my problem: I think the modemmanager does everything right. But
wwan0 doesn't work. May be you can see what is difference between
windows/linux.

Regards,
Thomas

attached:
successful connection of windows,
unsuccessful connection of linux 3.17rc2 (dhcp fails)