EM7345 probing fails when coming back from suspend

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Mon Jun 2 00:55:35 PDT 2014

Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at aleksander.es> writes:

> On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 10:45 PM, Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> wrote:
>> ModemManager[15914]: <debug> [1401651579.221889] [mm-plugin-manager.c:305] port_probe_context_finished(): (Plugin Manager) 'ttyACM1' port probe finished, still 1 running probes in this device (wwan0)
>>

> So, the WWAN port was notified via udev after a port was fully probed
> (/dev/cdc-wdm0) and therefore it didn't get the plugin suggestion from
> that port probing (and the ttyACM1 probing didn't suggest any because
> a suggestion from /dev/cdc-wdm0 had already come). In the next MM
> reboot you did, both ports were retrieved by udev at the same time and
> therefore there wasn't any timing issue.

Ah, makes sense.  And explains why I cannot reliably trigger this.  It's
obviously depending on kernel/udev timing.

> Can you retry with the attached patch? If you send me back again the
> logs I'll be able to tell whether the bug is fixed or not.

Attached.  Don't know if you can verify that this works whether or not
we're hitting the akward timing?  I'll run MM for a while with this
patch in any case and report back if it should fail again.

Bjørn