EM7345 probing fails when coming back from suspend

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Mon Jun 2 06:41:21 PDT 2014

Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> writes:
> Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at aleksander.es> writes:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 12:14 PM, Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> wrote:
>>> OK, I am sure I can make that happen with a proper delay in the driver
>>> :-)
>>>

>>> I put a 5 second (1 was evidently not enough...) delay in .bind, between
>>> the registration of the cdc-wdm0 and wwan0 devices:
>>

>> Attached an updated patch, let me know how it went.
>
> Ended up with
>
>  ERROR:mm-plugin-manager.c:119:port_probe_context_free: assertion failed: (ctx->defer_id == 0)
>
> Tried twice to be sure this result is reproducible, and it was.  Log is
> attached.

But then I wanted to submit a blacklisting patch for the Infineon
flashloader device to avoid that noise, and things started working....

I guess that is not as expected, but it seems that part of the issue is
this single serial port which briefly appears while the modem is booting,
of course connected to exactly the same USB port as the composite MBIM
and ACM device later appearing (with a completely different ID).

Patch and log attached.  Hoping you can make some sense out of this.

BTW, if anyone has any tips on how I can actually use this flashloader
device then I'm interested in that too :-)

Bjørn