E3276: Failed to find primary AT port

Georg Lippitsch georg.lippitsch at gmx.at
Thu Jun 12 02:07:05 PDT 2014

Am 11.06.2014, 20:09 Uhr, schrieb Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no>:

> No, I don't have any idea. Is there any sign of the modem being plugged
> in the kernel log when this happens? Is the problem there if you switch
> to another port?

At the first *successful* connect, I get several "unknown notification 3
received: index 1 len 4".
At the second time, no messages about huawei-cdc-ncm appear at all.

With unpatched 3.13.0 kernel, I even got a null pointer dereference when
connecting the modem for the second time, and a freeze when shutting down
the machine afterwards.
I also have to admit that I used older 3.13.0 kernel and only patched the
modules cdc-wdm, usb-wwan, cdc-mbim, huawei-cdc-ncm and cdc-ncm
Probably I have overlooked something. It's probably better to try recent
kernel git, I will report when I have done this.

Thanks!

Georg