Sierra Wireless EM7305: unable to connect after suspend

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Sat Jun 28 09:33:16 PDT 2014

On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 6:15 PM, Florian Klink <flokli at flokli.de> wrote:
> I re-checked by applying a second patch on top that issued a
>
>> mm_dbg ("||| debug message, broadband-modem-mbim: support finishing registration requests via indications was applied");
>
> inside modem_3gpp_run_registration_checks(...).
>
> This message appeared in the logs once on each connection attempt, so I
> must have your patch applied, too ;)
>
> It looks like the patch doesn't work correctly.

The patch didn't do anything, because in this log report the modem
didn't send any Indication with the registration status; instead, the
modem correctly replied to the registration status check.

What I do see, though, is that the modem gets successfully connected,
gets IPs and all that, and NM reports it as connected-. Did you really
see it not connected in the UI?

> I attached the new dump with your patch and mine applied. Seems like
> some notification sms from my provider came in, I removed them from the
> logs. Btw, is there any GUI support planned for displaying incoming sms?

KDE already has one if I'm not mistaken. Empathy/Telepathy has also
some support for SMS, but not through the new MM API. Anyone wants to
play with it? :)