Huawei ME909u-521: unable to get GPS data

Yegor Yefremov yegorslists at googlemail.com
Fri May 30 15:46:51 PDT 2014

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 1:33 PM, Aleksander Morgado
<aleksander at aleksander.es> wrote:

>> I was also going to try Windows driver. I hope I will be able to find them.
>>
>> Getting a fix is another question, but I should at least see some
>> satellites after relative short period of time. Other cards, like
>> Sierra or Ericsson see some satellites at once.
>
> Also, make sure you've connected the antenna to the proper connector, in
> case it has multiple of them.

According to Huawei's manual
(http://consumer.huawei.com/en/solutions/m2m-solutions/products/support/user-guides/me909u-521mini-pcie-en.htm)
GPS is in the middle. The question is, whether it is for active or
passive GPS antenna. So far I have tried the active GPS  antenna on
the dedicated GPS connector and passive antenna on the auxiliary one,
but without success. Perhaps GPS connector is for passive antenna?
Would try this.

The card doesn't seem to support Windows.

Yegor