GPS compatible modems.

Marc Murphy marcmltd at marcm.co.uk
Thu Nov 27 13:59:55 PST 2014

I have previously managed to get the system to work using the AT interface and you are right it needs to be put into extended command mode and the GPS enabled;
simple_com /dev/ttyUSB3 ATZ
simple_com /dev/ttyUSB3 At!entercnd=\"A710\"
simple_com /dev/ttyUSB3 AT!GPSSTATUS?
simple_com /dev/ttyUSB3 At!gpstrack=1,255,1000,30,1
simple_com /dev/ttyUSB3 AT!GPSSTATUS?

That allows the GPS to get a lock after about 30secs and it spits the NEMA strings out of the /dev/ttyUSB2 port.

The MC7710 cant be enabled by ModemManager as it complains that it is in the powered off state.