problems with huawei E3372 alias Telekom Speedstick V

Thomas Schäfer tschaefer at t-online.de
Wed Sep 3 12:40:21 PDT 2014

Hi,

I made some tests again.

First of all I noticed, windows uses the "normal" at-channel, without ncm-
Header. So I tried it again with /dev/ttyUSB0 instead of cdc-wdm.

I found also the explanation why my first test with kernel 3.11/modemmanager
has failed. mmcli did claim to be connected, but mm has tried to dial
*99#...for ppp-mode  instead of ndisdup. The LED of the device did not lie.

After using minicom (with ndisdup) dhcpd got an IP-address via wwan0. Here the
story ends - no real connection. But the behavior was repeatable, so I made an
usb-trace.
Please have a look on it. Maybe it is a mac-address-mess again or something
similar.

Regards,

Thomas