State of ModemManager built with --with-newest-qmi-commands

David McCullough david.mccullough at accelecon.com
Wed Sep 10 19:36:46 PDT 2014

Hi all,

Just after some feedback on the state (or expected state) of ModemManager
when built with --with-newest-qmi-commands.

I have been running it this way for some time thinking it would be good
form and I think (from memory) it allows for retrieving extra signal
information.

I just returned to using a Sierra Wireless MC7354,  which works fine without
enabling the newest qmi commands,  but completely fails with it.  The
patches I have just posted are enough to get a connection but there is
still a lot of things not working.

For example,  the new RF band information code expects to get a list,
but for this modem a single TLV value is returned,  not a list.

Other values that are not getting filled in correctly include:
access_tech, operator is, operator name.

So based on my experience with the 7354, my guess is this code is largely
unusued and untested at this point and probably not suitable for real use
just yet ?

Any thoughts on it i ngeneral appreciated,

Cheers,
Davidm

--
David McCullough,  david.mccullough at accelecon.com,   Ph: 0410 560 763