77-mm-usb-device-blacklist.rules - allow blacklisting various devices

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 10:23:07 PDT 2014

On 15.09.2014 11:27, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:

>>> How about using another tag for POTS devices, not the default IGNORE
>>> one? We could have a ID_MM_POTS or something. If we don't have POTS
>>> support, modems with that tag would be ignored, and once we have
>>> support for them, we could directly re-use the tag to start supporting
>>> them.
>>
>> That's a good idea.
>>

> Poma, does the attached patch work for you?

Not quite figured out the meaning of "memorabilia"? :)

-# Agere Systems, Inc. (Lucent) Systems Soft Modem
-ATTRS{idVendor}=="047e", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2892", ENV{ID_MM_POTS}="1"

+# Conexant Systems (Rockwell), Inc. USB Modem (TRENDnet TFM-561U 56K USB Modem)
+ATTRS{idVendor}=="0572", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1329", ENV{ID_MM_POTS}="1"

Agere/Lucent has never been properly supported.
Once upon a time, a proprietary 32 bit library blob was needed.

Therefore, the device file won't be created.

poma

p.s.
Some of these Agere/Lucent devices are still sold as Conexant.
Pay attention!