API Call proposal

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Mon Apr 20 10:03:19 PDT 2015

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 6:47 PM, Riccardo Vangelisti <
riccardo.vangelisti at sadel.it> wrote:

> Thanks for you support.
>
> I agree with your opinion and I changed my proposal with your advices.
> I follow the SMS and Messaging implementation and I create two new
> interfaces named CallLog and Call.
> CallLog contains all Call objects created.

​Ouch, no no, this proposal is even nastier :) I think you didn't
understand me.

I was suggesting 2 interfaces:
  * "Voice" interface applicable to the "Modem" object. This one would have
the Start(), Hangup(), Accept()... methods. Also a List() method to list
which are the available call objects. And also the "Audio" property as well.
  * "Call" interface applicable to a new "Call" object. This one would have
e.g. the Direction property, the Number property... i.e. all the stuff
applicable to one single call.

This would be equivalent to the Messaging+SMS interfaces (Messaging~Voice,
SMS~Call).

> All Call state are described in a schema that I've attached.

​Ah, nice one.​

> About call type specification, in GSM service there are two types of call:
> Voice Call and Data Call.
> In AT Standard the ATD command is described as follow:
>
> "ATD[<digits>][I/i][;]
>
> [...]
>
> When ';' is contained in this command, a voice call is initiated.
> When ';' is not contained in this command, a data service call is
> initiated."
>
> Data call is used for example with ZMODEM in order to trasfer files
> between two endpoint.

​I would completely ignore this and only support voice calls for now. We
should try to write a minimal API, we can extend it afterwards if the need
ever arises.​