Reconnecting after disconnect not possible

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Wed Apr 29 15:05:59 PDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 6:47 PM, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
> There's also upower support IIRC, so if you have that, and can try with
> --with-suspend-resume=upower, that would be great.  Basically,
> ModemManager needs to know that the systems is going into suspend so
> that it can clean stuff up and reset transactions and such.

I wouldn't expect much from the upower backend, though...
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/devkit-devel/2013-January/001339.html

I never got a single signal from recent upower versions about going
into suspension or resuming; but I guess it used to work at some
point. IIIRC they just removed the emission of the signals and asked
everyone to use the org.freedesktop.login1 service (which is what the
systemd backend does).