Cannot connect with Sierra Wireless EM7305 on CentOS 7.

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Aug 12 09:30:40 PDT 2015

On Wed, 2015-08-12 at 16:18 +0200, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
> Hey Tadej,

<snip>

> Could you run ModemManager with debug logs enabled and repeat the
> process? We'd be interested in the last connection step, to see why it
> really gets failed.
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/ModemManager/Debugging/
>
> Also, you're using ModemManager 1.1.something, which is quite old
> (there have been 2 stable releases after that: 1.2 and 1.4, and quite
> some updates to the last 1.4.x). Could you maybe try to install a
> newer ModemManager as well?

Yes, unfortunately it's rather old in Centos/RHEL, along with older
versions of libqmi and libmbim.  Hopefully we can update those in the
future.  Also note that the kernel drivers may or may not support newer
hardware too.

Building updated copies of of libmbim, libqmi, and ModemManager does
work on 7.2; I've done it before.

Dan