nm-applet cannot communicate with ModemManager on serveral Hardware

Harald Jung - ECOS Technology Harald.Jung at ecos.de
Thu Aug 20 08:44:35 PDT 2015

Hi,

we have problems with several notebooks, when nm-applet runs the first time, it cannot get ModemManager via dbus so we can't bring up a mobile broadband connection.

When I kill nm-applet and start it again, everything is okay, so it's seems to be a timing issue.

There are some notebooks which have the problem, but most of them don't.

(nm-applet:2371): nm-applet-WARNING **: Error connecting to D-Bus: Zeit<FC>berschreitung wurde erreicht

(nm-applet:2371): nm-applet-WARNING **: Cannot grab information for modem at /org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/Modem/0: No ModemManager support
xfce.log (END)

I've added some hardware information as an attachment.

best regards

Harald