ModemManager watching suspend/resume events

Florian Klink flokli at flokli.de
Mon Jan 12 01:50:12 PST 2015

Am 12.01.2015 um 09:24 schrieb Aleksander Morgado:
> On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 11:08 PM, Florian Klink <flokli at flokli.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think I'm also affected by this problem with my Sierra EM7305.
>>
>> Currently I need to unbind and bind the usb device via the
>> /sys/bus/usb/drivers/usb/ interface to get it re-initialized by
>> NetworkManager, which is quite hacky.
>>

> Tore said that just restarting ModemManager worked for him (instead of
> unbind/bind the device). Is this not your case?

No, this doesn't work. It seems like the communication with the modem
gets out of sync, as I see a lot of "No transaction matched in received
message" messages after restarting ModemManager.

I attached a log of

- suspending while being connected via the modem
- resuming from suspended state
- trying to connect
- restarting ModemManager

Hope this helps!