Modem manager dies with "undefined symbol: mm_gdbus_modem_signal_skeleton_get_type"

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Mar 9 09:21:50 PDT 2015

On Mon, 2015-03-09 at 17:11 +0100, Daniele Palmas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I cloned the project from the git repository, built master and run the binary
> with root permissions.
>
> After having properly recognized the modem, ModemManager dies with the
> following message:
>
> ModemManager_bak[6292]: <info>  [1425914691.997399]
> [mm-device.c:520]mm_device_create_modem(): Creating modem with plugin
> 'Telit' and '6' ports
> /usr/local/sbin/ModemManager_bak: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/local/sbin/ModemManager_bak: undefined symbol:
> mm_gdbus_modem_signal_skeleton_get_type

Could there be an older libmm-glib lying around somewhere that's getting
linked in, instead of the one from git master?  If you're building git
master, you'll need to make sure that both the plugins and libmm-glib
are installed in the right place on the system, since I'm not sure that
just running the libtool wrapper will always work...

Dan