Dell 5570 (Sierra) supported?

Manuel Lauss manuel.lauss at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 00:35:01 PDT 2015

Hello,

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 11:51 AM, Manuel Lauss <manuel.lauss at gmail.com> wrote:
> i have a machine with a Dell 5570 HSPA+ card, which according to lsusb
> and windows is a sierra wireless device. The kernel recognizes it as
> an MBIM device:

> However I can't get it to work with modemmanger, all commands sent to
> it time out
> (including mbimcli). I've looked at the ACPI information about a
> separate wwan rfkill but couldn't find any
> either.

Thank you all for your efforts, after discovering the Sierra FCC command I've
got the modem to work now.  I've patched libmbim.git with Collin McMillan's
qmi-over-mbim patch (qmicli times out on almost all commands when modem
is in QMI mode) and have successfully established a connection in MBIM mode.

Thank you all!
      Manuel