ModemManager kills gpsd socket

Brent Sink brent.sink at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 21:31:38 PDT 2015

Thanks David!  I totally missed that one in the man page.  I'm now able to
use gpsd on ttyUSB3.  However, I noticed one strange thing... when I have
gpsd running without MM, I have it set up to report the position every 1
second.  When MM is running, it seems to have changed it to every 30
seconds.  I tried forcing it to report every 1s using the required AT
commands, but I can't seem to change it.

You mentioned that MM will still setup the GPS parameters... is there a way
for me to change the parameters to report every 1s?  The --command option
seems to only be available in debug mode.

--
-brent