AT commands

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri Sep 25 09:05:32 PDT 2015

On Fri, 2015-09-25 at 15:44 +0000, Highland, Glenn wrote:
> You need to run ModemManager in debug mode.

To expand on this, ModemManager doesn't allow random AT commands in
normal mode because (a) they can interfere with the ones MM is running,
or cause unexpected replies that MM is not prepared for, and (b) MM
tries to abstract modems and provide a consistent interface for many
devices, and adding a path for custom commands just encourages people to
do random custom stuff instead of working to make MM better.

Many modems have temperature reporting capability, so my suggestion here
would be that we create a temperature reporting interface in MM and
start adding support for various devices to it via plugins.

Dan