[MPRIS] User rating read-only

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Wed May 2 08:41:28 PDT 2012

On 02/05/12 16:10, Charles Brière wrote:
> My question was much like if there would be a problem having both,
> keeping xesam for compatibility and moving on with Nepomuk by keeping
> the same structure, but adding the possibility to use either
>
> nao:rating or xesam:userRating,
> nao:score or xesame:autoRating for example.

The issue is that both client and media player would have to agree.
Given that clients have been written to assume that xesam: ones would be
used, and media players have been written using only xesam: entries, in
reality new implementations or clients would have to always use the
xesam: ones.

What we could do is take future additions from nepomuk; so we stick with
the xesam ones we already have, and we can add nao:, nie: or mpris:
entries.  The main thing is that
http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/mpris-spec/metadata contains
a canonical list of entries (although media players can, of course, add
extra ones to their own namespace that some clients might want to make
use of).

Alex