[Nice] Various questions related to the api

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 16:39:03 PST 2007

Hello,

I've been trying to find a reasonable transmitter API for Farsight 2.
Ideally, I'd like the transmitters to be controller on a per-stream
basis, so I have a few questions about the API.

First, why is the restart call global to the Agent and not per-stream?
The ICE-19 draft seems to imply that it can be done per SIP media
stream.

Second, I don't really see why the properties (stun/turn servers, local
addresses) are on the agent instead of being per-stream, is there
actually any shared data?

Third, why does the _add_remote_candidate() method not take a
CandidateDesc like _set_remote_candidates? I understand that the _add()
method is only used for compatibility with the older drafts, but still,
it would be nice if the API was consistent.

The Farsight 2 API idea was to pass "data" to the transmitter (which
will wrap libnice) in two possible ways, either as a construct-time
parameter for a stream or by passing candidates (setting the preferred
data by setting preferred local candidates which I hope will be generic
enough).

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk