[Nice] New API and refactor

Dafydd Harries dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk
Thu May 8 15:18:11 PDT 2008

Ar 07/05/2008 am 14:01, ysgrifennodd Olivier Crête:
> If you using glib, any allocation that it does will use g_malloc(),
> g_malloc() calls abort() if malloc fails. So really, having a
> requirement to verify memory allocations for any system that uses glib
> is bollocks.

In the past, we've discussed splitting nice into a glib and a non-glib part,
with the glib part providing a wrapper interface to the non-glib part. Not
using glib is a pain, though.

Verifing memory allocations is a separate question to where memory allocations
happen in the code.

--
Dafydd