[Nice] Making sense of it all...

Youness Alaoui youness.alaoui at collabora.co.uk
Thu Aug 19 16:26:31 PDT 2010

Hi Tony,

I think you're misunderstanding how this all works. The STUN server doesn't act
as a relay, all it does is let you punch a hole in your router's NAT, so when
you receive packets from the peer, it gets through.
You might want to have a look at my presentation for last year's GUADEC :
http://people.collabora.co.uk/~kakaroto/libnice-talk-gcds2009.pdf
It doesn't explain everything, but you can probably follow up on what it all
means. Unfortunately, the video of my talk is missing, so I can't show you that.

About having the simplest example, look at the documentation of libnice, there
is an example code on the description section of the NiceAgent :
http://nice.freedesktop.org/libnice/NiceAgent.html#NiceAgent.description

Youness.