[Nice] what threads are needed?

Youness Alaoui youness.alaoui at collabora.co.uk
Mon Aug 30 15:24:04 PDT 2010

On 08/30/2010 06:20 PM, Tony Di Croce wrote:

> Ok, well, I guess that's not my problem then!
>
> I feel like I'm very close...
>
> I have two agents... both of which are getting their local candidates,
> serializing them and sendthing them to the other...
>
> Both of them are also sending their local credentials to each other and
> calling "nice_agent_set_remote_credentials()" on them...
>
> They are both talking to my stun server, and I believe that all of the
> information is being serialized and deserialized correctly (it's safe to
> use nice_address_to_string() and nice_address_set_from_string() to
> serialize and deserialize the NiceCandidate->addr and
> NiceCandidate->base_addr members right?)...
So far good, yes, you can serialize them with the to_string and from_string.
Just don't forget to get/set the port on the NiceAddress.

> BTW, do I need to set the "NiceCandidate->username" and
> "NiceCandidate->password" fields if I am seperately sending the
> credentials ( I currently am both sending them as part of my
> NiceCandidate serialization process and seperately for calls to
> set_remote_credentials())....?
no, you don't need to.. some compatiblity modes (like google, or MSN) have a
username/password different for each candidate, but that's from the old draft of
ICE (draft 6) and it's not used anymore, now only the get/set credentials is
needed. If you set a user/pass on the candidate itself, it will override the
global stream credentials for that candidate.

> The behaviour that I'm seeing is that my componet state never changes to
> 4... it goes right from 2 to 5... then a send() of course fails...
yes, 5 is FAILED, so something goes wrong.. if you run your program with the
environment variable "NICE_DEBUG=all" set, and send me the logs from both sides
for the same call, I'll have a look at see why it failed.
You can send the logs to me directly in this case :)

Youness.