[Nice] libnice candidate gathering delay?

Tom Kaminski ttkaminski at gmail.com
Thu May 13 16:19:56 PDT 2010

2010/5/13 Olivier Crête <olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk>:

> How does your application know that some interfaces are not valid for
> STUN ? Do you assume that VPN are not publically routed ? In that case,
> I've seen many valid deployements where the VPN is actually the gateway
> to the real Internet.

My application has an existing TCP connection to the same server as
the STUN server.  Whatever interface the TCP connection is using, I
only want to use that interface to query for STUN responses and ignore
all others.   I'm pretty sure my VPN interface is also a gateway to
the internet, but it's likely the firewall on that network is very
restrictive and blocking UDP (haven't tested, just a guess).

I guess it is possible that the TCP connection is made on an interface
where STUN fails and another available interface works, but I feel
that this is not a common scenario.

Tom