[Nice] Turn in libnice

Marcus Lundblad ml at update.uu.se
Mon Nov 8 13:59:48 PST 2010

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to use libnice with turn server from libjingle? This is
> assuming the agent is created with NICE_COMPATIBILITY_GOOGLE. Also, if
> this works, does this mean I'd also have to use libjingle stun server?
> Is there a way to use libjingle relay (or any other relay server that
> would actually work with libnice) while using libnice stun server?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> -Matej

libnice in NICE_COMPATIBILITY_GOOGLE mode should use the TURN draft
version that Google's servers use. Though, Google has its own mechanism
by which clients fetches short-term credentials via HTTP. I'm not sure
if the server supplied by libjingle supports this, or maybe it ignores
credentials, not sure about that.

Older versions of turnserver.org's server should work out of the box
with libnice, the newest ones uses an updated version of the protocol
(specified in the TURN RFC). Support for this is in progress for
libnice.

//Marcus