[Nice] When can we send()?

Youness Alaoui youness.alaoui at collabora.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 12:19:26 PDT 2010

Yeah, it's like any normal reliable socket, you only write stuff to do when it
becomes 'writable'. Read the docs correctly, it will initially send you the
writable signal when it's ready.. and after that, whenever you call send (), if
it doesn't return '-1' OR a value less than what you asked it to write, then it
will NOT send a new signal.. so you have to keep track of that.. as soon as you
receive a reponse of -1 (or < len) then you must wait for the new writable signal.

Youness.