[Nice] Compatibility with MS Office Communicator 2007 R2

Youness Alaoui youness.alaoui at collabora.co.uk
Wed Sep 29 18:47:45 PDT 2010

On 09/29/2010 04:45 AM, Jakub Adam wrote:
> Hi Youness,

Hi,

> here are my updated patches. I think the first two are ready for commit,
> you reviewed them earlier and I made only minor changes to make them
> applicable to current git master.

Thanks, I re-reviewed them and applied them locally. However, you said that the
OC2007R2 compatibility should be made different from the WLM2009 one, but the
patch you gave me didn't have that.. it would mean another break of the API once
we integrate your TURN work... I suggest it would be made different right now
even if TURN support isn't integrated, so we don't break the API later.

> TURN support is also mostly finished, I was successful making call to
> Office Communicator via media relay but I need to make some more testing
> and check if TURN refresh works. I do not expect the code to change
> much, you can review the current state of implementation and point out
> problems you see.
>
> The support of older TURN draft already present in libnice was enough to
> make things work with all versions of MSOC, so I didn't have need to use
> RFC 5766 code from Marcus Lundblad. Perhaps I will implement support on
> top of newer version of the protocol later, but I see no direct benefit
> from doing it now.
I think right now, i'll just wait for you to finish and clean the code before
reviewing it... it would be good to know though if the TURN support of OC2007R2
is also compatible with WLM2009's TURN servers... As I stated last time, the WLM
compatibility current uses the MSN TURN compat only because I didn't implement
the new WLM TURN support, and we were able to use the older MSN TURN servers...

> There were some API changes needed, I added one parameter to
> stun_message_validate_buffer_length() and some new variables to
> stun_agent_t, but probably I will need to put the MS connection ID stuff
> somewhere else so stun_usage_turn_create_refresh() can also have access
> to it.
I see.. I can understand the API break for the
stun_message_validate_buffer_length, but I don't agree with what you added to
stun_agent_t.. I don't think anything should be added there.. if you need
something turn specific it should be added to the TurnPriv in socket/turn.c

> I will try to post more updates ASAP during the week.
Good.. I will wait for your update then, then make a release, but after tonight,
i'll be done with this quick libnice maintenance work as I have other stuff to
take care of. But I should be able to get some time to review your latest patch
and make the release.

Thanks,
Youness