[Nice] RELEASE: libnice 0.1.5

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Thu Mar 6 18:48:09 PST 2014

This is a major release that adds numerous new features.

First, there is a new  nice_agent_get_io_stream() API to get a GIOStream
for any reliable NiceAgent. This makes it easy to overlay
GTlsClientConnection or GTlsServerConnection over it, or to use it
anywhere else where GIO is used.

Second, we also added nice_agent_recv() and
nice_agent_recv_nonblocking() that is an alternative to
nice_agent_attach_recv() that is more normal for many applications.

Third, nice_agent_get_selected_socket() was contributed by Bryce Allen
and makes it easier to integrate libnice with legacy applications, as
you as the application handles keeping the link open and as long as you
do not use a TURN relay.

Fourth, we have some significant performance improvements, in large part
thanks to the work of Madaro Livio and Philip Withnall. In particular,
we greatly improve PseudoTCP performance.

I'd like especially thank Philip Withnall who did large parts of the
work for this release.