[Nouveau] Question About The Steps

Pekka Paalanen pq at iki.fi
Wed Jul 4 02:41:17 PDT 2007

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 10:47:46 +0800
"xiao dan" <xiaodanbox at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Sir:
>      Sorry to  bother you! I am a graduate student in China,and my
> team is currently working on the video card driver. Our target is
> that the result we get can be used in some kind of Operating System
> like linux. As newers,the biggest problom for us is that the steps to
> do the work is not very clear. It will be very kind of you to give us
> a picture of the proceeding. We have the basic knowledge,but don't
> know which point to start.

Hello,

at least I did not really understand your question, so I'm asking more
details.

By the video card driver do you mean Nouveau?
What hardware are you working with?
By operating system do you mean specifically Linux, or *BSD or
something else?
What is it exactly what you want to do?
Would you be contributing to the Nouveau code base, under the
propriate licenses and legal terms?

Thanks.

--
Pekka "PQ" Paalanen