[Nouveau] What is the motivation for choosing nVidia?

Louise Hoffman louise.hoffman at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 19:26:51 PDT 2007

> Why are ppl buying green cars when we've already red ones near us? because
> it's taste.

I see. I thought that there perhaps were a technical reason, perhaps
nVidia one time had forgot to strip comments from the binaries or
nVidia drivers is written in assembly and ATi's was written in C.

I was just curious =)

All I know is, that I spend 4 hours on installing the closed source
drivers =( And I ended up using the RPM from Livna, because I couldn't
make nVidia's work.

So I am looking forward when yours are stable and fast enough to play
mplayer movies and e-uae[0] =)

That's the most important for me, and I will never look back =)

Hugs,
Louise

[0] http://www.rcdrummond.net/uae/