[Nouveau] How Video Cards Work.

Pekka Paalanen pq at iki.fi
Sat May 12 09:37:06 PDT 2007

On Sun, 6 May 2007 08:31:01 +1200
"Mark Carey" <mark.carey at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/6/07, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:
> > It would be awesome if this list could be used for us to teach each
> > other about how to work on drivers.  Does nouveau have anything like
> > an equivalent of the basic "Radeon Architecture" page yet?
>
> We have a link up to the HowVideoCardsWork on the front page of the
> wiki and there is some work mooted on understanding video hardware
> from a beginners point of view (see IRC logs
> http://lattice.u-strasbg.fr/irclogs/nouveau-2007-05-04).

Hiya,

I have started a page aimed to be an introduction to working with
(Nouveau) graphics from the driver side. I do not know what I am
missing and what is relevant, so I'd like to have comments or people
could improve the page themselves.

http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/IntroductoryCourse

This is by no means supposed to a replacement for the long-waited
Nouveau driver crash course, but more of a prerequisite.

--
Pekka "PQ" Paalanen
http://www.iki.fi/pq/