[Nouveau] Windows nVidia driver initialization

Alessandro Pignotti alex.pigna at inventati.org
Tue Oct 2 09:21:06 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to write a qemu driver to emulate an nvidia card, to take a look at
commands sent to the board by windows drivers. The implementation is now very
minimal, only VGA compatibility is granted. I'm seen that windows tries only
to read the start of mmio address space and then select VGA mode. I guess it
looks for some kind of success state, but i don't know what it is expecting
to find. Does anyone know something about this? I've also seen that standard
nvidiafb under linux does not try to do a similar test.

Greeting,
Alessandro
--
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici