[Nouveau] noveau help/testing

Pekka Paalanen pq at iki.fi
Fri Jul 18 02:01:59 PDT 2008

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 20:32:27 +0200
Michał Wiśniewski <brylozketrzyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 15:49:42 +0200
> >
> > Michał Wiśniewski <brylozketrzyn at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I'm writing to you cause I want to help with noveau. I have GF 5200 card
> > > and I can dump any data you need from it's registers, of course,
> > > avalaible to dump with nvclock. Just write what test you want me to
> > > perform (if possible, with explanations; I'll set up scripts or other
> > > tools for testing, so it won't waste my time ;) ).

> i've read about need of registers entries while putting GPU in TV-out mode. Of
> course, if any other help is needed, I can help too (without programming
> maybe). I need only explanations, which values I have to test - wiki should
> explain it more exactly... and within what range :)

Ah, the tv-out, that request was set by Thunderbird, the author of nvclock.
I'm CC'ing him in case he doesn't read the mailing list, hope I got the email address right. Please, don't drop CC's unless requested.

A nice way to contribute is to use Nouveau, update weekly, and report any possible regressions or bugs in 2D-features. And keep an eye on the wiki
RecentChanges in case someone puts up a help request.

Thanks.

--
Pekka Paalanen
http://www.iki.fi/pq/