[Nouveau] Tested nouveau on a Quadro NVS 140M

Sébastien Mazy melyadon at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 12:09:59 PDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 7:21 PM, Maarten Maathuis <madman2003 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/9/4 Sébastien Mazy <melyadon at gmail.com>:
>> What doesn't:
>> - "Overbold", hardly readable nautilus window title sometime
>> - The character 'j' vanishes sometime in gajim (and maybe in other sometimes)
>> - The character '3' looks weird sometime in gajim (and maybe in other
>> softwares). See capture attached. This problem does not appear at the
>> same moment as the 'j' problem.
>
> I've seen issues with fonts turning white, but not just a single letter.
> I also haven't seen your 3 issue.

Actually it happens on random characters (recently on the 'm') and not
in all windows.

>> - gnome screenshot utility freezes when saving screenshots (doesn't
>> affect gimp). See capture attached (not very useful, though).
>
> Is this a seperate package (i don't want to install a whole gnome)?

No, but don't bother installing it. The problem isn't related to nouveau.

When gnome-screenshot is called, it saves the captured image in /tmp/
and then moves it to the location the user chose after the "save"
button is clicked. As my main partition was completely filled with
nouveau debug logs, the file couldn't be created in /tmp/ and
gnome-screenshot waited forever when I clicked the "save" button.
Sorry for reporting this as a nouveau bug :/

I'm not able to reproduce the "characters bug" at the moment. I don't
know if it could also be related to not having disk space left in
/tmp/. I'll report later if I find more precisely how it happens.

--
Sébastien Mazy