[Nouveau] How to set a different resolution?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Sep 30 14:19:04 PDT 2008

I just gave nouveau a try and was surprised that it just works out of
the box on Mandriva. Great work!

However, I'm not sure how to set up a different resolution properly.

With the closed nvidia driver, I usually just click on krandrtray in KDE
and pick a different resolution.

With nouveau driver, though, it works as well, but only partially.

I can see the resolution is theoretically changed (fonts, windows are
bigger when I change from 1280x1024 to 1024x768), but technically, in my
LCD monitor info I can see the resolution is still 1280x1024. Why?

Because of this issue, I can't use my beamer (dual-head), which only
supports resolutions up to 1024x768.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org