[Nouveau] NV40 Cubic Texture HW Mip Map Generation

Younes Manton younes.m at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 18:13:23 PDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 1:59 AM, jb17bsome <jedynamic at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>        I have been looking at cubic texture mapping for a bit, and I
>        have found that hw mipmap generation doesn't work at all or
>        the textures are all messed up (normal 2d work fine). This is
>        with linear textures.  Also of note is that software mipmap
>        generation works fine.
>
>        I have done sanity checks for the miptree pitches, offsets, etc
>        and everything seems to match up fine for both the hw and sw
>        paths.
>
>        Any thoughts on what could be wrong?
>
> jb17bsome

I was going to take a look, but apparently we don't have the cube_map
extensions hooked up, and I'm not sure how to do that with Mesa and
Gallium, and also there are no cube map tests in progs. Do you have a
patch and some test code? I don't know why it wouldn't work, cube maps
should work with the auto mipmap generation method they're using in
Mesa currently.