[Nouveau] drm git branches revisited

Pekka Paalanen pq at iki.fi
Sat Dec 5 09:35:25 PST 2009

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 14:10:11 +1000
Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I'm going to change the layout of my git branches again,
> because my current plan isn't working for me.
>
> At the moment drm-next is considered the branch to base new work
> off and to also for downstream trees to
> pull from, this is changing.
>
> I will now maintain
>
> drm-core-next : a branch with all the core DRM/KMS changes in it,
> please base all downstream sub-driver
> trees from this branch in the future. This branch will not
> rebase, it may pull in a downstream driver tree in
> the pre-merge window time, and/or when some patch from that tree
> is required for a patch to the mainline.
> This will be the basis of any trees I send to Linus.

Previously, I've been doing:
git diff drm/drm-next...nouveau/master

If I understand correctly, to gather all the Nouveau development
I should now use:
git diff --stat drm/drm-core-next...nouveau/master
git log ^drm/drm-core-next nouveau/master

where nouveau is the nouveau/linux-2.6 repo.

Right?
Why do I see changes to radeon, i915 and drm core, too?

The last time drm-next was merged into nouveau/master was Nov 4th
and I am quite sure there are no radeon patches committed to
nouveau/master, it has all come from drm-next or linus' merges.

My intent was to create a tentative Nouveau patch and run it
through checkpatch.pl to see if there are new things to fix.
I've been doing that occasionally and running it takes roughly
an hour.

--
Pekka Paalanen
http://www.iki.fi/pq/